This is a standard 8-3-1-1 ratio rub as made popular by Alton Brown. If you want to get creative you can substitute as indicated!
- 8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of spices – we suggest:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- With membrane removed liberally season both sides of ribs.
- Prepare as preferred.
Keywords: best rib rub,rib rub,best rib rub recipe